After reading the article below, my rage against MySpace has built up again. I have a MySpace account, I know that may shock some of you, I signed up for it to “save” it from being taken by someone who wasn’t me. I never used it, I just had it, I only have 4 friends currently and 1 of them is Tom and I’m pretty sure one of the others is a porn request thing.
I read the list below and found that 1, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10 and occasionally 3 were true. Seems like a good enough reason for me to finally delete the profile I don’t use and end it all.
Today I am no longer on MySpace. I feel better now.
If you’d like to delete your account, go here. You’ll feel better too!
Bloggasm: January 30th is International Delete Your Myspace Account Day
1. You rarely log in to Myspace except to delete spam friend requests from nude webcam girls.
2. You spend five minutes writing a wall post only to hit an error message when you try to post it because of all the website glitches.
3. You’re a girl who constantly gets marriage proposals from random men in the middle east.
4. You visit someone’s Myspace profile only to suddenly have music start blasting out of your speakers. Bonus points if it happens to you while you’re at work.
5. You have to make redundant clicks to perform simple tasks because Myspace keeps taking you to advertisement pages where you have to click on “return to myspace profile” in order to continue what you’re doing.
6. You visit someone’s profile only to have your eyes bleed because of terrible page layout with non-matching designs and font colors.
7. Your experience is hindered because of intrusive banner ads that either talk to you or try to reach out and block your view of what you’re trying to look at.
8. You read yet another news account about how some child predator using Myspace has abducted a little girl or that some hoax myspace account has caused a teenager to commit suicide.
9. You’re frustrated with the fact that Myspace doesn’t allow you to post your contact info, meaning to contact someone you can only use Myspace’s glitchy Instant Messenger, message/email system, or wall commenting.
10. You’re tired of seeing Tom stare out at you from millions of friends lists and just wish he would change his fucking profile picture.